Position: Graduate Planner / Junior Planner
Location: Sydney CBD
Are you a grad/junior planner looking for an awesome opportunity to join one of the State Government’s leading Strategic Planning Teams? We have an initial 6-month role for an immediate start in Sydney CBD!
This team takes a modern and holistic approach to strategic service planning across NSW, utilising the latest data from a myriad of sources to propose outcomes which benefit not just the current community, but generations to come. If this sounds like your ideal role then don’t delay – Apply NOW!
- Assist with a range of planning support activities, including the development of sound infrastructure plans, to support high quality, cost effective outcomes.
- Assist with background research and analysis for projects, including preparing and presenting data for inclusion in plans, to support evidence-based decision making and informed planning analysis.
- Provide support with planning assessments to enable compliance with relevant legislative requirements, policies and procedures.
- Provide informed customer service, advice and solutions to internal and external stakeholders on a range of planning issues and priorities, and refer more complex matters to senior team members, to ensure a professional, customer-focused service and to meet stakeholder requirements and needs.
- Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to support the achievement of key directions and priorities.
- Assist with the preparation of research briefings, submissions, reports and other forms of correspondence to support the provision of timely and accurate advice and information.
- Accessing and reporting the most current information from multiple sources and databases within the department and from external sources.
- Providing quality support across multiple projects so that business cases meet requirements.
- Responding in a timely and accurate way to unplanned requests and competing priorities.
- Degree in urban planning or similar subject, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent understanding of strategic planning principles, regulations and best practice
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Previous office-based experience in an administration or planning role
Job code: 2137