Duration: 4 months
Are you a qualified Psychologist who’s passionate about empowering people to live fulfilling lives and achieve their potential in inclusive communities. This position will see you collaborating with government, non-government and community partners to work with children, adults, families and communities to improve lives and realise potential. Exciting 4 month opportunity in Newcastle for your chance to make a difference.
See below for more information. If this sounds like you…. Apply NOW!
- Conduct psychological, social, emotional, cognitive, developmental, behavioural and functional assessments to identify areas of need, develop treatment plans and provide evidence informed interventions for the client
- Deliver and evaluate therapeutic interventions including but not limited to psycho-education, counselling, behaviour management, behaviour support services, group interventions and other evidence based therapies to support the individual needs of the client
- Provide consultation to staff and managers, individually or as a consultant in group supervision, to assist the decision making process on psychological, developmental, emotional and behaviour management issues with a view to assist in the decision making process
- Deliver training to staff, families, carers, foster parents and external agencies in relation to trauma and other issues relevant to a child/young person’s exposure to abuse and maltreatment
- Provide clinical recommendations to internal and external parties to ensure treatment goals are facilitated and where necessary, approve referral to the external professional body to whom the case is to be outsourced
- Maintain electronic clinical records and provide written reports in line with business policies and professional requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology recognised by the Psychology Board of Australia, either: full registration as a Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, or provisional registration with an ability to fulfill full registration within the relevant timeframes.
- Knowledge of theoretical and therapeutic frameworks that underpin assessment and intervention in the context of child abuse/neglect
- Current driver’s licence
- Appointments are subject to reference checks and the following pre-employment checks: National Criminal History Record Check in accordance with the Disability Inclusion Act 2014, Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012
- Business will also review its own records, including Helpline reports and personnel records.
Job Code 2223